Since launching A Stylish Moment over a year ago, I have formed some fantastic relationships with a variety of bloggers.
Through forming relationships with these bloggers I have been able to learn, grow and develop my blog.
These relationships have been a huge part of the success of my blog, and having this positive and uplifting relationship with other bloggers means that we are all able to unite when the blogging road can get a little tough!
If you’re a blogger and have been looking for reasons to reach out to other bloggers, here’s why:
– It gives you a way to generate more awareness around your blog and what you do. By connecting with others bloggers, you have a chance to brag a little about your blog, and in turn, you can hear more about other blogs that you may have never heard of before. The more people you talk to about your blog and what you do, the more your name will get out there.
– Connecting with other bloggers is a great opportunity to meet like minded individuals who have similar/the same goals as you. You can bond over the fact that you are struggling for content ideas, or celebrate when you receive a new opportunity with a brand.
– You can grow your blog readership and community.
– You can build your brand and your empire!
A few other tips:
– Connect with other bloggers via their blogs and social media. Comment on their posts, share their photos and participate in discussions with them on social media. Bloggers really appreciate it when other bloggers participate on their blog, as it makes them feel part of a community. They’ll also quite often return the favor too, I know I do.
– Figure out how you can help them, and how they can help you – and see how you can best use your skill sets to benefit each other. One of you may be great at photoshop, while the other has amazing photography skills. Use these skills and your relationship with each other to the full advantage.
– A great way to initially work with bloggers is through offering guest posts. Even though I have been blogging for a few years now, I still contribute to a few blogs with regular blogging posts. This is a great way to market you and your brand to a new audience.
– Create posts that mention other bloggers, profile bloggers and generally just give other bloggers a good wrap (only of course if you are a fan of what they do, never do this just because you want to build fake relationships and gain followers).
– Tag bloggers you know in your social media posts. Let them know what you’ve been up to.
– Organise regular meet-up’s with other bloggers in your area, or even one-on-one coffee dates. These coffee dates may also turn into impromptu photo shoots!
So now I guess you’re asking “where do I find bloggers to connect with?”. Trust me, it’s actually really easy.
– Google Search. This may seem simple, but it’s funny the amount of bloggers I know who haven’t done this and are surprised with the results. Put your target keywords into the search engine, for example “Canberra Style Bloggers’ and hit search.
– Do a hashtag search on social media with relevant keyword hashtags that relate to bloggers. As my fellow bloggers will know, we use hashtags to get our content out there – so you’ll easily be able to find them.
– Attend events and be sociable. You may not meet another blogger directly at these events, but you could meet someone who knows a blogger – you never know.
– If you’re looking for bloggers to write guest content, then do a media call-out on Source Bottle. This is a free, online service that connects journalists and bloggers, with other media.
Personally, developing relationships with local, interstate and international bloggers has been one of the most efficient ways for me to get my blog out into the wider world and read by many.
Without these relationships, I wouldn’t of learnt most of the skills that I have now, and I wouldn’t have the incredible blogger friendships that I also have.
So my fellow blogger friends (you know who you are), thank you!
Meeting with new people can be quite daunting at times, so head on over to my 15 Tips That Will Help You Become A Networking Pro post if you’re new to the whole networking thing, or you just need a few tips to build your confidence in a crowd!
Image sourced via Pinterest.
Did you find this useful? Click here to read my other blogging posts, tips and tricks.