Editors Note: This is a recipe from my gorgeous friend Georgia’s Good Health Nutrition blog. She has some delicious recipes that I’d love for you to check out, and a pretty powerful story to share with you all too.
Throughout my time as a blogger, I have had the wonderful opportunity to connect with some incredible people.
Some, are new people in my life, and others are people I may have known when I was younger, but never had the chance to either meet properly, or connect with.
Georgia Houston is one of those girls. When we were younger we lived in the same street, and attended the same primary school. I remember seeing her around the street, and being friends with the same girls I was friends with, but for some reason; we never hung out.
It wasn’t until late last year that we connected with each other again, and oh my, I’m so glad we did!
I won’t go into detail about Georgia’s story, as I think the “About Me” page on her blog is one that you need to read yourself (and is a tear-jerker too!). All I can say is that Georgia is one incredible woman, who has taken adversity and turned it into a positive future for herself.
Georgia has now set up her own blog and Nutrition website – Good Health Nutrition, where she showcases some incredibly delicious recipes, and shares her story.
Over the next few weeks, I’m going to be sharing with you a few of her recipes, and I encourage you all to check out her blog!
MAPLE & VANILLA CRUNCHY GRANOLA
3 & 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
1/4 cup sunflower or pepita seeds
1/2 cup runny, cold-pressed, extra virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut flakes to sprinkle over once cooked
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees celsius.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat. Measure it to check you have 1/2 cup. Add the maple syrup, stirring and warming over low heat until combined.
3. Add the oats, seeds and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Pour over the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well to combine, ensuring all the dry ingredients are coated with the wet.
4. Pour the granola into one or two large baking trays lined with baking paper. Spread it out so it’s in an even, single layer.
5. Bake the granola in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until nicely golden. Check on your granola every 10min to ensure it is evenly baking and not burning.
6. Remove the tray from oven and sprinkle over coconut flakes. Allow to cool and store in an airtight jar.
Atop a bowl of this crunchy granola with good quality greek yoghurt, milk, cinnamon and seasonal fruits.