Sponsored by IMB Bank Sunset Cinema
The IMB Bank Sunset Cinema is back in Canberra for it’s sixth year!
Running from November 16 – December 23, the Sunset Cinema at the National Botanic Gardens is an opportunity to book in a date night with your lover, or catch up with your friends and watch a great film!
I was very lucky enough to be invited to attend a screening of The Mountain Between Us starring Kate Winslet and Idis Elba on Saturday evening in the beautiful Botanic Gardens Northern Eucalypt Lawn – and wow, what a fantastic experience it was!
Despite the fact that all afternoon the South Canberra area experienced torrential rain, wind and hail, and rain clouds surrounded the Botanic Gardens; we didn’t feel a drop all evening!
We were treated to Citroen Lawn Lounge tickets for the evening, which meant that we had premium tickets, as well as front row (AND very comfortable) seats on the beanbag loungers – oh so comfy!
The Sunset Cinema experience is like no other outdoor cinema that I have been to before.
The incredible location – lying in the open lawns underneath beautiful eucalyptus trees, with native birds and other wildlife all around you – was just SO magical.
The natural bush amphitheatre provided the perfect backdrop for the Sunset Cinema.
So, what sets this outdoor cinema a part from others?
– It’s kept nice and simple with only a couple of food options available – a snack bar, and a great burger food van! I like this because it means you have the option to either bring your own food, or purchase what’s there. There were no lines either, and the wait time for food was super quick!
Menulog also delivers on site to the screenings. All you need to do is use the App to order your food from nearby restaurants and get it delivered to the screening!
– There is plenty of room for everyone. The Eucalypt Lawns are nice and spacious, which means there is even room for those that want to set up a picnic blanket and seats up the back!
– The location. As you can probably already tell, I LOVED the location for this screening. It was secluded, beautiful and made for a really relaxing evening under the stars.
The actual screening lawns are located around 5-10 minutes walk from the Botanic Gardens carpark, which makes for a beautiful walk through the gardens upon arrival and departure.
– There are a large variety of movies to see. From new releases, to classic films and kids movies, there really is something for everyone, and the fact that it runs for just over a month means you’ll have time to see a few!
General Admission: Your standard entry ticket to the IMB Bank Sunset Cinema. Valid concessions include student, senior or pensioner cardholders.
Citroen Lawn Lounge: The premium ticket to the IMB Bank Sunset Cinema and your ticket to a great night out. A Citroen Lawn Lounge ticket includes:
- Entry for 1 (adult or child);
- Your own reserved Ultimate Bean Lounger (yassssss!!);
- A bag of Cobs popcorn;
- A glass of MadFish wine or 4 Pines beer; and
- A fleecy blanket to use in case its cool!
If this ticket option is tickling your fancy (as if it wouldn’t – bean lounger, yes please!), be quick as there are limited Citroen Lawn Lounge tickets available each screening night!
Tickets to the IMB Bank Sunset Cinema at the National Botanic Gardens are on sale NOW via their website.