Sponsored by Thoroughbred Park.
Just as you put your Spring Racing Carnival fascinators, dresses and heels away, here comes the Autumn Racing Carnival with the Mercedes-Benz Canberra Black Opal Stakes Day; Canberra’s premier race day.
Taking place on Sunday 5 March, 2017 and in its 45th year, the Mercedes-Benz Canberra Black Opal Stakes Day is one of the most important race days in the autumn racing calendar. It’s a chance for local and interstate fashionistas and racing fanatics to get their frocks or suit and tie out, and don their best autumn race day look.
Now I don’t know about you, but the thought of getting dressed up, and styling an autumn-esq race day outfit, actually excites me. With Melbourne Cup being full of serious fun, I’m glad that there is another racing carnival event coming up that I can look forward to.
The 2017 Mercedes-Benz Canberra Black Opal Stakes Day action will take place both on and off the track at Thoroughbred Park.
It’s a fancy day, filled with fantastic hospitality from the Thoroughbred Park team, and is a great excuse to get the girls together for a glamorous day out.
Enter the Myer Fashions on the Field competition for the chance to win some incredible prizes in the Classic Ladies Racewear, Classic Mens Racewear and the Millinery Categories.
This year, there will also be a number of additional attractions including:
- Salerno Stalls Marquee – An all new marquee concept for the more budget conscious. For only $85 per person you can experience a fabulous marquee with everything you need including your admission, delicious Louisiana styled luncheon, race books, and a private bar where you can purchase delicious Salerno cocktails, craft beers and relax in the ambiance of the picnic lounge with views of the track.
- Live music –great if you’re looking to have a little boogie;
- Myer Fashions on the Field; and
- A Food Alley. This includes a range of food that will give you plenty of options to cure your post champagne hunger.
What I love about Canberra race days is that they are perfect for everyone.
Whether you’re interested in getting serious about your outfit and entering Fashions on the Field, watching your favourite filly race, or even if you’re just looking for an excuse to get a group of friends together; all in all it’s always a good day out.
Even if you live just across the border in a neighbouring country town, heading to Thoroughbred Park for Black Opal could be the perfect way to spend a weekend away.
What’s even better is that tickets to the race day are only $15, and available online through Ticketek or any Ticketek agency.
I encourage you all to grab your tickets now (especially all you students who love a good deal), as they are only available at this price till 26 February.
Alternatively, you could also enter the incredible competition below (seriously it’s amazing, I wish I could enter), in order to snag yourself and a friend tickets for the day, as well as some fantastic extras!
Thoroughbred Park has one Mercedes-Benz Black Opal Stakes prize pack to giveaway. Prize details include:
- 2 tickets to the Mercedes-Benz Black Opal Stakes Day;
- Champagne Breakfast at Siren Bar;
- Limo pickup and escort to Thoroughbred Park;
- Entry into the Salerno Stalls Marquee; and
- $100 Bar Tab.
Entries open Wednesday 1 February, 8pm and close 25 February, 8pm. Australian entries only. Entrants can be located interstate, but if announced as the winner, will need to organise their own transportation to and from Canberra, as well as accommodation if necessary. The winner will be judged at random, and they will be contacted via private message on either Facebook or Instagram.