So I’m a massive fan of spots at the moment.
Whether they come in black, white or are coloured, and are in dress, shirt or short form – I love that they can be combined with a multitude of looks in my wardrobe.
And you know what? Wearing spotty prints can instantly brighten my mood too!
I recently stumbled across this Atmos&Here Stella Slip Dress, and knew that it would be the perfect spotty addition to my wardrobe.
This dress is most definitely a summer staple with it’s simple cut, and black and white polka dot finish.
It’s v neckline also makes it perfect for pair over the top of a simple white tee, like I’ve done so below.
In the cooler months, I’m also envisioning this dress paired with a long sleeved, collared shirt and knee length boots too!
Let’s just say that this dress is super lightweight, easy to wear, and ticks all the boxes in the black, white & spotty all over category.
Tips for wearing shirts under dresses:
– Unless you’ve reaaaaally got an eye for prints, then definitely always style a plain shirt underneath a patterned dress. This will ensure that the look remains streamlined and deters it from appearing OTT.
– Apply this rule vice versa if you’re wearing a plain dress – style a patterned shirt underneath!
– Looking for a professional look? Then style a collared shirt (white or chambray) underneath a tank or sleeveless dress, and roll up the cuffs.
– If it’s really warm, and you’re over wearing your usual t-shirts, then try styling an off-the-shoulder shirt underneath your slip dress. It’ll make for some great shapes.
– Also, never underestimate a t-shirt styled underneath a maxi dress…
Get the look!