Sponsored by Thoroughbred Park.
So the Mercedes-Benz Black Opal Stakes has well and truly crept up on us!
So much so that it’s in less than 24 hours and I’ve only JUST decided on my dress…
For those that are unaware, the Black Opal Stakes is Canberra’s Premier race day, and kicks off tomorrow afternoon at Thoroughbred Park, Canberra.
As announced in an article in today’s Canberra Times, I have excitedly jumped onboard this year to assist in judging the Myer Fashions on the Field alongside some other Canberra fashionista’s – and I cannot wait! Click here to read the article.
What I’m Looking for in Myer Fashions on the Field entrants:
– Entrants who are not afraid to wear something unique and a little different.
– Entrants that go outside of their comfort zone with their outfit. Tip: Try and experiment with a new colour that you wouldn’t normally wear.
– Entrants who’s outfit is appropriate for the climate – with Autumn race wear outfit’s with sleeves are preferred.
– Attention to detail on accessories and the headwear. Tip: Think about every aspect of your outfit from top to bottom.
– Millinery, shoes, and clutch that is matched back to the dress or suit, as this is the focal point of your outfit.
Tip: If you’re nervous about entering – fake it till you make it! Be confident in who you are, and what you’re wearing.
Other things to remember for Black Opal Stakes:
– Tickets are still available – purchase them here.
– Tickets are also available at the gate upon arrival.
– Free ACTION bus rides will be available from anywhere in Canberra for those who have a Black Opal Ticket.
– Salerno Stalls Marquee – An all new marquee concept for the more budget conscious. For only $85 per person you can experience a fabulous marquee with everything you need including your admission, delicious Louisiana styled luncheon, race books, and a private bar where you can purchase delicious Salerno cocktails, craft beers and relax in the ambiance of the picnic lounge with views of the track.
The 45th Black Opal Stakes, Sunday March 5, Thoroughbred Park, Canberra. Gates open at 11.30am. Fashions on the Field categories include Classic Ladies Racewear, Classic Mens Racewear and the Millinery Award. More information and tickets from www.thoroughbredpark.com.au
Photography by Rohan Thomson, Canberra Times.